« Submit a question
All-Candidates Meeting hosted by the New Hamburg Board of Trade
Date: Tuesday, April 26th, 2011
Location: New Hamburg Community
Centre, 251 Jacob Street, New Hamburg
Moderator: Steve Funk
Time-keeper: John Papa
1) Each of the four Kitchener Conestoga riding candidates
will be given three minutes of uninterrupted time for opening statements. The order
of statements will be determined by random draw.
2) Question period Part 1:
- The moderator will ask four questions – One to each
of the four candidates. The responding
candidate will receive up to 2 minutes to respond and each of the other
candidates will have 1 minute to follow up with their own response.
3) Question Period Part 2:
- Questions for the Mayoral candidates can be posed by
the participating audience either verbally or in the form of a written
- Verbal questions are to be limited to 30 seconds in
length and participants will be asked to use the microphone provided and state
- Written questions will include a legible signature.
- Questions may also be presented by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org twenty-four hours
in advance of the meeting.
- Questions should be open and directed to all four of
the mayoral candidates. The moderator
reserves the right to modify verbal questions if required so all candidates may
- Candidates will receive 1 minute to respond to a
4) At the conclusion of the question period
(approximately 8:45PM) the candidates will receive two minutes to make a
closing statement. Statements will be made in reverse order of the opening
statements, as determined by random draw.
5) Set up – There will be a table at centre stage at
the community centre with four spaces. The
seating arrangement will be decided by random draw and each candidate will have
their own microphone. The moderator will
occupy a table at stage right. To the right of the stage their will be a time
keeper’s table. Bottled water will be provided.
6) Candidates are requested to meet with the moderator
in the ground floor office of the community centre at 7:00PM prior to the
For more information, contact
Steven Wagler (519)662-1644; email@example.com.