Guest Speakers at New Hamburg Board of Trade Dinner Meetings
Here are details of guest speakers (and caterers) for future Board of Trade general members' dinner meetings.
Our monthly meetings are held January to May, September to November, on the last Wednesday of the month, at the New Hamburg Community Centre.
Please note: These dates are set. The location of meetings are yet to be confirmed as we may be going off site for a couple of meetings this year.
- January 27, 2016 - General Meeting - Caterer - Waterlot
- February 24, 2016 - General Meeting - Caterer - Puddicombe
- March 23, 2016 - General Meeting
- April 27, 2016 - General Meeting
- May 25, 2016 - General Meeting
- September 28, 2016 - General Meeting
- October 26, 2016 - General Meeting
- November 23, 2016 - General Meeting
- October 24, 2012: Small Town Meets Big Oil. Special presentation by Don Thompson. Public meeting.
- November 28, 2012: Wilmot Township Councillors Jeff Gerber and Mark Murray.
- January 23, 2013: Alternative Energy - What Local Businesses are Doing. Speakers: Rob Yost (The Fritz Group), Lauren Ostermaier (Saturn Power), and Dale Brubacher Cressman (Clean VigorTech).
- February 27, 2013: Wilmot Mayor Les Armstrong - "State of the Township".
- March 27, 2013: Bill Fleming of Sobeys, New Hamburg.
Bill will tell us his business story, why he chose to do business here, what are the challenges, and how does he balance the meeting of local needs with head office "demands".
- April 24, 2013: Open mic - Share your "Bad News, Good News" business story. The opportunity to speak for a few minutes about your business. Tell us the changes/trends in the marketplace, your industry or event has negatively impacted your business and what you did, or are doing, to positively impact your business.
- May 22, 2013: Networking and Dinner with Wine Sampling by Vineland Estates.
- September 25, 2013: Troy Treleaven, Regional Vice-President/Managing Partner, Dale Carnegie Business Group. Troy's one-hour session was titled "How to build your Business".
- October 23, 2013: Erin Martin: "Social Media 101".
- January 22, 2014: Rick Baker
- February 26, 2014: Kirsten McKinnon, Conestoga College, job grants and placement. (Puddicombe House)
- March 26, 2014: Les Armstrong, Mayor Wilmot Township, post budget, long term goals, including LRT.
- April 23, 2014: Troy Treleaven, from Dale Carnegie: How to Innovatively Grow Your Business in New Hamburg. An introduction to a morning workshop, sponsored by the Board of Trade, date to determined. (MeMe's)
- May 28, 2014: Wine tasting, with David Gimbel of Vineland Estates. (Puddicombe House)
- June 18, 2014: Golf tournament; beginning of summer hiatus for meetings. (The Waterlot)
- September 24, 2014: A New Hamburg business story. (MeMe's)
- October 22, 2014: Beer tasting, plus Erin Martin (Him/Her Social media): An introduction to a morning workshop, sponsored by the Board of Trade; date to determined. (Puddicombe House)
- November 26, 2014: AGM, roundtable discussions, some fun entertainment.
- January 28, 2015 - Marie Voisin shared her business story and vision for The Imperial Hotel
- February 25, 2015 - Ross Steckley, Sanford Holshouser Economic Development Consultants
- March 25, 2015 - Mayor Les Armstrong, Township of Wilmot