Minutes for Board of Trade meetings
« Previous page
New Hamburg Board of Trade Executive Meeting
Tuesday January 12, 2016 5:30 pm at
Minutes taken by Gina Ruttan.
Figliomeni, Steve Wagler, Cheryl Gordijk, Gina Ruttan,
Sherry Robinson, Troy Walker, Lesley Elkeer
Regrets: Dietmar Walch
1. 2016-2017 – Goals & Ideas
- Welcoming Committee
- Executive at each table
- Introduce person to the right
- Topic per table – Troy to email topic
suggestions to group. Will have topics at every table for the next meeting
- Membership drive in January – Look on Sky drive
or on website for info about the benefits of being a member
- “Word Wall” – Why did you join the Board of
Trade? To be developed for next general meeting
- Question to membership – Would there be interest
in developing a “Welcome Package” for new members with current membership info
and deals in it?
2. Financial Report
- Concern over bookkeeping fees. Will talk with
Kevin about amount for 2015.
3. Other Duties
- Social Media – Looking into getting a volunteer
from the group “Volunity” to take over Nigel’s responsibilities.
4. Membership Liaison Report - Cheryl
- Monster Murals – for Canada Day
- Lesley looking into liquor license for sidewalk
sale this upcoming August.
- Audit Committee – need one more volunteer to be
5. Wilmot Township - Steve
6. Upcoming Meetings –
- Oakgrove Cheese –
possible tour? Lesley can do the wine at this tour
- Doug Wagner – Saturn Power
- B/W Feed
- Ernie Ritz
- Don Wagler
- We concluded that having members tell their
story is very useful and welcomed by the membership
- January 27th, 2016 Waterlot – catering at community centre
- February 24th Puddicombe – in their new hall? – lunch to be confirmed with Nick
- March 23th – Puddicombe?
- April 27 – Mayor Presentation with Adam (through Waterlot) catering?
- May 25 Wine Tasting – silent auction items; at Puddicombe or at community centre
- October Beer Tasting – silent auction items
(volunteer appreciation); Scram and Dram to cater; check to see if they are
comfortable hosting at Community centre as volunteers will be in attendance.
- November - AGM