Minutes for Board of Trade meetings
« Previous page
New Hamburg Board of Trade Executive Meeting
Wednesday February 10, 2016 5:30 pm
Minutes taken by Gina Ruttan.
Figliomeni, Steve Wagler, Gina Ruttan,
Sherry Robinson, Lesley Elkeer
Gordijk, Troy Walker, Dietmar Walch
1. Approval of Agenda
- Sherry approves the agenda; Steve seconded it.
All in favour. None opposed.
2. Approval of minutes of January 12th/16
- Approved by Sherry. Seconded by Steve. All in
favour. None opposed.
3. Business arising from minutes
- Topics created more discussion at the tables
- Positive feedback from the meet the Execs at
last general meeting.
- Like the emails going out on a regular basis
- Joe has created the word wall.
4. Membership Liaison Report – Cheryl
- Al Mills will be doing a presentation for the
general members meeting in February about the Syrian Refugees. Al will talk about Stonecroft’s involvement with Steinman church.
5. Wilmot Township Report – Steve
- Met with Grant last week at HollisWealth
- Parking Survey was sent out to members and to other
downtown businesses to get more information on issues for downtown businesses
6. Marketing/Social Media/Membership/Membership
7. Upcoming Meetings
- February 24th Puddicombe – in their new hall – dinner
Speaker: Al Mills
- · March 23th – Adam (through Waterlot)
at Community Centre
Mayor Presentation – get questions from
membership to give the Mayor prior to his presentation.
- April 27 -- Look at getting someone from Waterloo
- May 25 Wine Tasting? – silent auction items – Adam (The Waterlot) at the Community
Centre. Oak Grove tour this night?
- June 6th – Golf tournament
- September 28th
- October Beer Tasting – silent auction items
- November – AGM
8. Financial Report – Sherry
- 2016 Budget – Executive went through and updated
the 2015 budget to be applicable for the 2016 year. Sherry will send out the
budget as soon as she can to the executive to look over.
- Bookkeeping fee – Kevin said there was more time
spent last year because he needed to set up the accounting system.
- On average, he believes that 3 hours a month
would be sufficient. Around $150.00 per month.
9. Other Business
- Try out a Business after 5 event this Spring
- Audit: Joe has the auditors
set up -- Paul Haslam and Ed Lemond next Thursday.
They will provide comments on our books.
- Nils Fabian (Basic membership) – Wants to join
executive. Very active in the community. Motion to approve Lesley, seconded by
Sherry. All in favour. None opposed.
- Minutes: used to be posted on the website. Executive
minutes will be sent via email to members. General member and executive meeting
would be posted to the website after minutes have been approved.
- Sherry motioned to adjourn.