Minutes for Board of Trade meetings
« Previous page
New Hamburg Board of Trade General Membership Meeting
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
- Share the Wealth draw: $250.00 won by Dave Patterson from Burlington.
- 50/50 draw:
$53.00 won by Mike Schout. Mike generously donated his winnings to the Wilmot Family Resource Centre.
- Erin Martin from software and design agency Him and Her. Erin gave an informative presentation titled "Social Media 101", which provided plenty of helpful advice about starting and maintaining an online marketing campaign.
2. Board of Trade Business
- Executive Meeting, October 9: Tim Bender referred to the executive's discussion about September's meeting between a Board of Trade
representatives from the Township of Wilmot, on the subject of marketing New Hamburg. There were some positive outcomes from this initial meeting, which we hope to continue exploring with the township.
- Documents: Tim also mentioned that the executive will be creating guideline documents that will be used by future executives and other relevant Board personnel who are overseeing our events and programs. These will be stored online
by using our free Microsoft SkyDrive account, rather than the Board's laptop.
- Motion to accept the executive meeting minutes: Larry Zehr; seconded: Dave Seyler. Carried.
- Financial report: Steve Wagler was unable to attend this evening, so a full financial report will be provided at November's general meeting.
- Tim reminded members that Small Business Saturday is on Saturday, October 26.
- The Meeting Place in Baden is having its grand opening is Friday, November 8, where they'll be holding a free workshop.
- Dee Radke and Jeff Gerber drew members' attention to a community event called Rachel's Challenge, which commerates the life of Rachel Joy Scott, who was killed during the Collumbine High School shootings in 1999. This event will be held locally at Waterloo Oxford District Secondary School on Tuesday, November 5 at 7:00 p.m. The evening's presentations will be an opportunity for parents, community leaders, business owners, government leaders and local media to hear Rachel's story and to accept Rachel's Challenge to make a difference in the lives of others. Further information: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 2013 Santa Parade is being organized by the New Hamburg Optimists. Cheryl Gordijk, the Board of Trade's parade liaison, asked for volunteers to help out at the event.
Cheryl suggested that any high school students who need community hours might be interested. After our November general meeting,
Board volunteers will also be needed to pack candy into bags.
We are awaiting a decision on whether Santa will be at the Fire Hall or Community Centre after the parade.
- Tim thanked members for their generous donations to our food drive, which were received by Trisha Robinson of the Wilmot Family Resource Centre.
adjourned: 8:40 p.m.
recorded by Nigel Gordijk.