Minutes for Board of Trade meetings
« Previous page
New Hamburg Board of Trade General Membership Meeting
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
- Catered by The Waterlot.
- 50/50 draw:
$48.00 was won by Nils Fabian.
1. Guest Speaker
- Troy Treleaven presented an introduction to the Board of Trade-sponsored workshop, How to Innovatively Grow Your Business in New Hamburg, which will take place on Tuesday, May 6 at the Wilmot Recreation Complex. The introduction discussed many of the problems facing small businesses, especially those based in a small town like New Hamburg.
2. Committee Reports
- Nigel Gordijk gave an interim update on New Hamburg's Deals to Make You Smile, which has been running since April 1. Some initial visitor statistics for www.newhamburg.ca since the initiative started:
- Visitor numbers: 36% increase
- Page views: 29% increase
- New visitors: 23% increase
- Returning visitors: 79% increase
- Traffic from social media: 260% increase
- From Twitter: 114% increase
- From Facebook: 4,200% increase
- From www.wilmot.ca (the Township's website): 109% increase
The program will be assessed in the next couple of weeks. There will be no new deals in May, but the plan is to have new deals in place for June.
- Chris Spotswood reminded members that our annual golf tournament will be held on Monday, June 9. Details and online registration are available here. Chris asked for donations that may be given away as prizes and silent auction items. Posters advertising the tournament were distributed to some members at the end of this evening's meeting. More will be handed out by Cheryl Gordijk in the coming weeks.
- Steve Wagler: Details of the available dates for the Board of Trade-sponsored Christmas parties is available from Steve on request. Menus from our caterers - The Waterlot, MeMe's and Puddicombe House - should be ready soon.
4. Review of meeting minutes
- Steve Wagler asked members to accept the minutes for our March monthly meeting and April's executive meeting. Motion - John Hanson; seconded - Larry Zehr. Carried.
5. New Business/Announcements
- The Interfaith Silent Auction will be held on Saturday, April 26 at the WRC.
- Paul Knowles told members about the performers at this year's New Hamburg Live!, including The Irish Descendants, The Good Lovelies, and comedian Glen Foster. The festival runs from June 2 - 8. Details and tickets are available from www.newhamburglive.ca.
- Larry Zehr: The cancer fundraiser, New Hamburg's Great Ride 'n' Stride takes place on Sunday, April 27 and starts in the ABsolute Fitness parking lot (66 Hincks St, New Hamburg). 12:00pm registration, 1:00pm Walk/Ride begins. Details, registration and sponsorship are available online.
- The next general meeting will be on Wednesday, May 28. This will include a wine tasting.
adjourned: 9:06 p.m.
recorded by Nigel Gordijk.